This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSC 1510 Woes

Hey gang.... having a bit of a printer problem.

I have an HP PSC 1510. It installed with no issues. I hit print, and everything is ok.... no errors at all.
    But despite all this, nothing comes out of the printer. And when I say nothing, I mean that the printer actually remans idle. No paper, no cartridge movement... nothing.

As I said, the system looks ok:
    [img width=400 height=184]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/4055/hpprintereb1.png[/img]

So I thought maybe I needed to install HPLIP. When I hopped into Adept, I saw this:
    [img width=400 height=81]http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/2333/adeptuk6.png[/img]

No big deal, just install hplip-base. Right?
    Nope. Adept won't let me because of some conflicts:
    [img width=225 height=400]http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/1240/adept1ja8.png[/img]

Any thoughts on what I ought to do next? I really need to get the printer going (homework ).
    <br />

Re: PSC 1510 Woes

Anyone?
    <br />

Comment

I was anxious about your post because I put off installing mine until now (I purchased this AIO as well to replace my Wal-Mart Special Lexmark 710 and Visioneer USB 8920 Varlets (it's funny that the only the 7300 model from Visioneer works, at least according to the SANE Docs)). My 1510 installed without a hitch, it responds and prints. XSane works, also.

Did you solve this (you probably did)?

Comment

Originally posted by novgrod
        Hey gang.... having a bit of a printer problem.

I have an HP PSC 1510. It installed with no issues. I hit print, and everything is ok.... no errors at all.
        But despite all this, nothing comes out  of the printer. And when I say nothing, I mean that the printer actually remans idle. No paper, no cartridge movement... nothing.

As I said, the system looks ok:
        [img width=400 height=184]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/4055/hpprintereb1.png[/img]
        It seems you have installed the wrong printer...HP PSC 1510 has it's own entry/driver (Don't install HP Color LaserJet 1500)

Choose the hpijs driver on installation for scanner support etc.

Also, if you choose
        hp:/usb/PSC_1500_series
        instead of
        usb:/HP/PSC 1500 series
        as the Device, you can use 'hp-toolbox' to monitor ink levels etc.

Comment

Choose the hpijs driver on installation for scanner support etc.

Also, if you choose
          hp:/usb/PSC_1500_series
          instead of
          usb:/HP/PSC 1500 series
          as the Device, you can use 'hp-toolbox' to monitor ink levels etc.
          Would you care to elaborate on this? I only see PSC 1500 series when I go to install the hpijs driver ...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by footer
            Would you care to elaborate on this?  I only see PSC 1500 series when I go to install the hpijs driver ...
            Right...when installing the printer, you should get to choose which port/device to use.
            (See the screenshot)

If you choose the hp:/usb/* -port/device you can use the command 'hp-toolbox' to monitor ink levels and a few other options.

If you have already installed the printer you can change the port/device from Print Manager>Select your printer>Choose 'Properties' Tab>Choose 'Interface' Icon>Click 'Change'
            (You may have to click 'Admin mode' in Print Manager first)
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey, hey ... VERY slick! Follwed your instructions and it worked to the tee!

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
              X