This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will not power off!

lets do this, establish the common problem.
    do all the people here that has the no shutdown problem have an ati graphics card, if so are you using the ati proprietary driver? cause my problem is steming from my ati graphics card, which i followed devnull73s link and worked it that way.
    &quot;Time fades even legend&quot;<br />-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Comment

Sorry but I have nvidia gforce2 - using generic drivers

Comment

Originally posted by soitbean
        come to think of it, this did all start after i installed and configured my linux ati proprietary driver.....hum.........
        I had to reistall Kubuntu after installing the ATI proprietary driver. The first time I installed I had the shutdown problem. Reinstalled Kubuntu, installed the ATI driver again and same problem with shutdown.

Comment

hummmm very interesting so far. anyone else, it will only get better if we find the root of the prob.

Comment

Im using proprietary ATI driver.... not sure whether its cleared up for me, Ill let you know

Comment

Hi, All
              I too had this problem after doing all the updates. Here is what I did to fix it. I went into Bios, and disabled the option of ACPID suspend to RAM. I also have another option in Bios for ACPID which I left enabled. Motherboard is a Asus A7N8X Deluxe. All seems to be fine now. Hope this can help someone else.

Comment

I was (maybe still am) having this problem too. I do have proprietary ATI drivers installed, but it did this before I used them. What I tried was turning off kpowersave, which I install immediately after Kubuntu itself. With kpowersave turned off, my box shut down properly. It's been an intermittent problem, so I'll have to test it a few more times to determine if that's truly the problem.

Comment

I yet have still to fix this problem as well and it does it even with just a simple restart not just shut down

Comment

anyone found a fix yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X