X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Overheating USB

Hi,
    I've been using Linux on and off for about a year, but I've only been using Kubuntu for a few days. I've had a few overheating issues, which were sorted when I downloaded the AMD K7 kernel.

I'm running Kubuntu on a notebook, (AMD Turion ML-30), and as I say, the overheating issues earlier on have been sorted. However, there is a slight problem, and that is that as soon as I plug any USB device in, the temperature begins to soar, and won't stop going up. Even once the device has been unplugged, the temperature just keeps rising until the laptop crashes.

Thanks for any help,

D1SxEyes

Re: Hardware Overheating USB

Hi
    You might have to clean out the vents on the laptop.
    You can use a vacumcleaner that can blow or get a can of blowit off (canned air) and blow out the vents and the rest of the laptop.

You can buy a usb laptop cooler for around $30 US dollars.

I am a IT tech that repairs PCs and Laptops and I try to clean them before I work on them.
    dirt and dust will cause heat build ups, so clean them as needed.

Good Luck

Comment

Re: Hardware Overheating USB

I appreciate the suggestion, but I've got a laptop cooler, and I keep all the vents clear and clean. The issue doesn't occur during normal usage, only when I plug in a USB device, which leads me to think that it's not solely a hardware issue.

Cheers,

D1SxEyes

Comment

Working...
      X