This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't recognice USB device (lib/udev/vol_id), [Softtick Card Export]

I'm in Kubuntu Dapper, and I can't get Softtick Card Export to work. (Card export is suposed to make your palm be recogniced as a pendrive by your OS)

When I press "Connect" nothing visible happens, at least not as if I would pluged a usb drive.

Nevertheless kubuntu detects something since my cpu usage goes up and a process called vol_id appears (lib/udev/vol_id) and when I disconnect my cpu usage goes back to normal and the vol_id ends.

Is there a way that I could arrange this so it is effectively recogniced?

I would thank any help,
    Mguel

Re: Can't recognice USB device (lib/udev/vol_id), [Softtick Card Export]

Googling seems to indicate that softtick doesn't even work very well for windows. You'll need to try something else. This article suggest an alternative.

Comment

Re: Can't recognice USB device (lib/udev/vol_id), [Softtick Card Export]

Originally posted by askrieger
      Googling seems to indicate that softtick doesn't even work very well for windows. You'll need to try something else. This article suggest an alternative.
      Thanks. I really have no problem with softtick under windows.

About the link, I should say that I'm a happy user of J-Pilot, and don't have problems with the sync process, nevertheless I'm looking for a way to transfer files from the card to my desktop (without the need of a card reader). I would like to use this to transfer mainly Documents to Go files and also some text files which I can also create/read from the palm, and that I haven't found a way to do it with J-Pilot.

My dream would be to have a "OpenDocuments to Go" conduit on linux which could handle Open Office files (or palmdoc format which I believe AbiWord cand handle, although that won't cover a presentation program)

Cheers,
      Mguel

Comment

Working...
      X