X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodak EasyShare Z740

Under Breezy, I had no trouble accessing this. Just plug it in, head to
    camera:/
    Click on USB PTP Class Camera, and so on, and copy the photos off.

Now I've installed Dapper (new system but I brought my home directory across, including .kde)

I can browse a couple of directories (I never get far enough to actually see what pictures are on there)
    But then I get error messages like this, trying to read any file or directory:
    Could not read file /store_00010001

If I go to settings->Camera, and click on test, I get:

Unable to initialise camera. Check your port settings and camera connectivity and try again.

If I unplug, and plug back in, doing a test is successful and I can get the camera properties and such, but then after browsing a little, it goes back to unable to initialise.

What's the story here? How do I fix it. I've trawled my logs and google but can't find anything.

Re: Kodak EasyShare Z740

I used google/linux and came up with this page at Linux Compatible. It looks like you need gtkam.

Comment

Re: Kodak EasyShare Z740

I know that this hasn't been replied to in awhile, but I found that if you download DigiKam and then run it as root, you can get your pictures with absolutely no problem:

Install digikam (apt-get install digikam)
      sudo digikam
      Click on camera
      Pictures pop up and you can select and download them.

I'm running Kubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) on a HP Pavilion zv5000. I, too, get the same problem you do if I don't run digikam under sudo, which means that there is a rights/permissions issue with these types of devices. If anyone knows how to chown this type of device (camera://USB PTP Class Camera@[usb:001,005]) to the current user upon insertion into the USB port, please respond and post here.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Kalecomm

Comment

Working...
      X