This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] USB HP printer won't stay

I'm having trouble getting a printer to stay once set up in System Settings --> Printers. I add it (HP PSC 1500 series using the PSC 1500 hpijs drivers that come with Kubuntu) but then when I log out and back in or reboot, it's gone.

Since it's an all in one printer/scanner/copier, I've been using it to scan using the SANE drivers and that works fine. But I can't seem to get the printing portion set up.

Also, shouldn't it show up when you go to print something in OO? I only get GENERIC PRINTER, not my HP!

Need help! Any and all greatly appreciated!

Re: USB HP printer won't stay

DUH! I just fixed it!!! Need to look at all the settings in the printer setup wizard a little more closely. At the point where you add users, you have a choice to add 'allowed' or 'denied' users. Unfortunately, the default is 'denied'. I was adding myself as a 'denied' user and thus, it would go away upon logout/in and wouldn't show up when I went to print something in OO.

DUH!!!

Thanks anyway! It sure would be nice if the default was 'allowed'! I hope this helps some other poor souls out there who don't read the setup wizards very closely like me!

Comment

Working...
    X