X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard stops working with Dell Latitude D820

Hello fellow kubuntu users,

I am running Kubuntu on a Dell Latitude D820 and I have a very strange issue. Note that this issue does not seem to happen when plugged into AC power. When using the laptop with battery only, the keyboard seems to stop working after a few minutes, at which point I have to reboot the machine to get it working again. The mouse continues working, the mouse pad, and mouse buttons, as well as the power button. Every key on the keyboard stops working though. As I said, I don't see this issue when plugged into AC power. This seems very strange to me. I am thinking it has something to do with ACPI but have no idea where to look. I'm fairly new to Kubuntu, and Linux in general, using it only since the beginning of May as a primary OS on this laptop. This problem does not occur in Windows XP on the same machine though, so it leads me to believe it is not an issue with hardware.

Are there any ACPI keyboard settings with Kubuntu, or Linux in general?

Any help of any sort is appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Erick Hamness

Re: Keyboard stops working with Dell Latitude D820

This doesn't happen on my Dell Inspiron 600 so I haven't seen or solved the problem. The first place I would look is in the relevant KControl module (K>SYSTEM SETTINGS>Laptops & Power>Laptop Battery>"Default Power Profiles">Not Powered>System Performance).

Comment

Working...
    X