This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer drivers not found

I'm trying to set up my HP Deskjet 880c printer with Kubuntu. I run through the kcontrol printer configurator, select my printer, make, and model, but when I select a driver and hit 'next', I get an error message telling me that the drivers aren't found.

I've searched the software repositories for drivers, but when I install a set (such as foomatic-db-hpijs), the make/model list fails to display. I must remove and reinstall foomatic-db to resolve this. Does anyone have any ideas as to why my printer setup isn't working?

Re: Printer drivers not found

There is a page devoted to this printer at LinuxPrinting.org, the first place to look for any printer problems with Linux. And there's a Ubuntu (Gnome) HowTo at the Ubuntu Community help site.

The general statement, and my own experience with Kubuntu seems to be that if you install HPLIP and use a usb connection, you should be in good shape. Personally, I install my HP printers with Kprinter (K>"System Settings">Printers>Add), but I don't have an 880c. So YMMV.

Comment

Try the software from turboprint. They provide excellent drivers for Hp printers. It may be all you need to solve your problem.

http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

Comment

That did the trick! Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X