This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexmark Z42 prints blank page in Dapper

I have Kubuntu Dapper installed on an Acer 3620 laptop. I 'successfully' installed the Lexmark Z42 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.0-rc2 driver for my Lexmark Z42 printer on usb://Lexmark/Z42. When I attempt to print - either a test page in printer setup or a document in Open Office 2, the printer sends out a blank page.

I can use this same printer with Damn Small Linux 2.2b and Xandros OCE 3 on my desktop and it prints (greyscale only).

I have tried greyscale settings in Dapper as well as color and every other setting I can find. Also, 3 or 4 other drivers sugested by the Printer Add program in the Sysem Settings menu... but none of the alternate drivers will print at all...not even a blank page.

I would apreciate any help you can offer. BTW, Kubuntu Dapper on the Acer 3620 laptop prints flawlessly on my Canon SD530 printer at home.

Re: Lexmark Z42 prints blank page in Dapper

Have you seen the LinuxPrinting.org page

Comment

Yes, I have read it several times. In fact, it has helped me to get the Lexmark Z42 to work with three desktops and about 6 various Linux Distros. But I cannot find anything that tells me why Kubuntu Dapper on my Acer Aspire 3620 laptop will only print a blank page.

Thanks for your suggestion. I appreciate any help I can get. I re-read the page after getting your reply.

Still blank.........

Comment

The mystery continues. I used the Kubuntu 6.06.1 Live CD on my Desktop [AMD Athlon XP+2400 with 256 MB memory] and the live CD will install the LexmarkZ42 printer driver (gimp-print-ijs) and print flawlessly. I then installed Kubuntu 6.06.1 from the live CD as a dual boot install with WinXP. Once installed, Kubuntu 6.06.1 will not give the gimp-print-ijs driver as a selection and will load only one driver for the Lexmark Z42 and that driver will only print blank pages.

BTW, I did not try to install the printer when I first ran the Live CD on my Acer 3620 laptop.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

The most recent update to my Lexmark saga:

I have access to a media center with at least a dozen printers. I have tried installing the following Lexmark printers with my Kubuntu Dapper 6.06 distro:
          Lexmark Z22
          Lexmark Z32
          Lexmark Z42
          The results are as follows:
          Z22 - prints a test page with color only, black does not print
          Z32 - works perfectly - both in color and black/white only
          Z42 - prints a blank page, no color, no Black. nothing regardless of settings

I am using the Z32 (the Z22 uses the same driver)!

Comment

Hello,

I have the same problem (Kubuntu 6.06 - Lexmark Z42)

I tried to follow your advise (Z32 and the others also) but without any result. Is it possible to give al the details of your working Z32 solutions (settings maybe, the name of the driver indicated in properties).

Maybe I forgot something to adapt...

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X