X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Hard Drive

Hi

I am thinking of buying a Networked Hard Drive to add to my Kubuntu / Windows network. The unit is a 250Gb Freecom Classic SL Network Drive, LAN & USB 2.0. There is the usual stuff about being compatable with Windows & MAC but of course Linux isn't mentioned. The write-up says no IP address is needed.

I have no experience with these types of drives. Can anybody confirm if would be able to see it OK from my Kubuntu PC?

How would I see it / mount it / etc? .. or does it just "show" itself as an SMB system?

Thanks all ..

Re: Network Hard Drive

As an update to the above I have just found a manual on the Freecom website which says that this unit needs a driver installed on each Windows PC / MAC which would access the unit.

Does anybody know if such a driver is available for Linux?

Does anybody know if there is an alternative type of Network Disk I can use?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Network Hard Drive

Hi,

I don't know a lot about these drives because I never used... But I guess you would be able to see it as an smb drive... However as you would need a driver to use it in windows, it's not sure, maybe it's just to see it as a normal drive.
      Maybe you can get some more info on the website.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X