This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motherboard choice

I was thinking to upgrade my motherboard/CPU and I did not find much on the ubuntu hardware support wiki at:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...tsMotherboards
    The selection is pretty thin and even the listed options seem to have problems.

Could anyone give me some pointers on how to proceed? I googled some but did not find much or maybe I did not google right.

I want AMD and am not yet sure if I should go to 64 or 64 X2. I also see that *ubuntu packages on 64 architecture are not truly up-to speed so I will be grateful of any help.

I also see that many users complain of the asus support for linux and OS so I don't know what other brand may have more support.

metricus

Re: Motherboard choice

I if you want to go for a 64 X2, I'm using a Asus A8N32-Deluxe which is working really well with support of sound, network...

Cheers

Comment

I ended up getting an A8N-E after I saw a post on this forum that it works good and also a friend of mine used it well with an x2.

I don't need x2 = too expensive for what I really need. got a 64 3500+.
      Your mobo rocks with 2 pci16. You must be gaming on it. I don't.
      Thanks for the suggestion.

I hope I do well. Mobo is her I'm waiting for some more components and this weekend I will fire it up. Wish me luck!

Comment

OK, you got me, I'm a gamer I just like to see games running smoothly for 2 years before to need to wait one more year and change the computer again...
        By the way, it's nice config you bought, I've mounted the same (not really sure) for my parents and it's running well also.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X