This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Speakers suddenly not working

Hello, I have 2 pairs of speakers connect to my sound card (a Trust SoundForce SC-5200), and they both worked fine, but suddenly now, the 2nd pair has stopped working, by testing them in the 1st pairs socket I know it's not a problem with them, so it must be either a driver or card problem (and I have tried rebooting). Can somebody help please (the only thing I did before I rebooted to find they did not work that could possibly effect them was install update from adept)?

2nd Speakers suddenly not working probably becausee of kernel

I've have just discoverd that the updates installed a new kerenel version, and if I boot into the old kernel both sets work fine, how can I get both working on the new kernel?

Comment

Re: 2nd Speakers suddenly not working

First step should be to run alsamixer-gui and fiddle around with the values, being sure to unmute (and in some cases mute) each channel. System updates seem to sometimes reset certain values which can disable sound.

I'd definitely recommend having an MP3 playing while doing this testing; you'll get immediate feedback and know when you've made the right adjustment.

Comment

Re: 2nd Speakers suddenly not working

Originally posted by Arkaein
        First step should be to run alsamixer-gui and fiddle around with the values, being sure to unmute (and in some cases mute) each channel. System updates seem to sometimes reset certain values which can disable sound.

I'd definitely recommend having an MP3 playing while doing this testing; you'll get immediate feedback and know when you've made the right adjustment.
        Thanks for the help, I got a no such command error for alsamixer-gui, but thourght I should check kmix, and got it to work by umuting four channel mode, kubuntu never seem to really go wrong (I have just switcehd to kubuntu 6.06 from mandrivia 06, and love it!).

Comment

Working...
        X