This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Tuner Card

I just bought a new Hauppauge PVR-150MCE tv card to use just for my new dapper box. I thought that I had read somewhere in the forums people have been successful with this card, but it turns out it wasn't the MCE edition. I could probably get it to work but I'm tired of trying.

Can anyone give me the name of a tv card that will just work with a fresh install of Kubuntu Dapper Drake. I don't want to have to tweak anything or mess with modprobe unless absolutely necessary. I just want it to be detected and work.

Thanks

Re: TV Tuner Card

Its on the mythtv list as working
    http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.ph...serExperiences
    as working with Hoary.

Fire up Kaffeine and see if you can access the card.

Bill

Comment

I have a TwinHan DVB-T Card. It works without drama under Kubuntu Dapper. Just add the following lines to the end of your /etc/modules file:

bt878
      dst
      dvb-bt87xx

Install Kaffiene and it will recognise the DVB card and away you go. I live in the illawarra region and had to modify the channel config file to change the frequencies to that used in my local area, but it was very easy to do, just read the frequencies from the digital box in the lounge-room and typed over the existing ones.

Have to say I was pretty excited to get this going as I had not been able to get this card to work under other distros using mythtv etc. Kaffeine will also allow you to set up recording timers to record to your Harddisk in dvd format or MPEG. results are excellent.

Let me know if you get stuck and I will help where I can.

Comment

I am using the PVR-250 with ivtv 0.4.7 on Kubuntu 6.06. Initially the card had no sound. This is caused by ivtv 0.4.7 no longer building the msp3400 and saa7115 modules. So follow the How-to's for ivtv on Kubuntu but do not mv or rm these two modules from /lib/modules/2.6.15-27-686/kernel/drivers/media/video.

Comment

Working...
        X