X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some windows are larger than screen?

Hi
    After latest upgrade to 6.06-release i have a strange problem: some KDE windows are bigger than monitor's screen... Is anyone knows anything about this problem?

Re: Some windows are larger than screen?

I had the same problem so I moved and shrunk the panel to the top of the screen to access the "continue" and "next" controls that were previously hidden. Then I was able to install the OS properly. Once installed be sure to go into system settings, admin mode, and set your monitor brand and model in order to resize your screen fom the 480x600 or whatever ridiculous default size kubuntu wants to use. I have an older model CRT which I set to 1024x768 and everything is fine now.

Comment

Re: Some windows are larger than screen?

After using Dapper Drake for months now (updated from breezy), without an apparent reason, the screen is bigger than monitor's screen and all the windows (even the kde menu) are enlarged to the left about 1/10.
      The only thing I did was to test a new kernel (that crashed) but when I went to the previous one I found this annoying thing (I have allways to minimize the windows in order to select the things on the left).
      I went to system settings to change resolution but I don't find a "monitor" or "screen" section... where is it?

Comment

Working...
      X