This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolution (frequency) problem

I have problem with "out of frequency" monitor info with Dapper. I trying few things, but I still cant resolve all my problem. Generally:

0) Hardware: Ati Radeon 9200 Video Card + Monitor LCD: Belinea 101551

1) During install prboblems

Error:
    I menage to install new Kubuntu 6.06 from "alternate" CD, downloaded it, burn on CD, check integrity - OK.
    When I boot from CD and installer start - when I chose install, my monitor goes black with "Out of frequency" OSD message.

Fix:
    This can be fixet by changing instaler display mode (<F4>) from VGA to 1024x768x32 - instalation works ant goes fine.

2) First boot
    Grub started, I choose newly installed 6.06 from menu, appears first few lines of system boot sequence (loading image etc) and when it changing into bootsplashscreeen (lik 5.10 does OK) monitor again, goes black with "out of frequency" OSD message. (and turn off after 15 secs)
    When I turn it on - ... I can see KDE login screen and when I log in works fine.
    But when I want turn computer off - "frequency out of range" OSD message apperas again.

3) My tries
    I changing my drivers beetwen ati and fglrx (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI) - problem still thesame.
    Try lots of changes xorg.conf (even with using old one - from kubuntu 5.10), running 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' and chosing values i should (even changing refresh mode in advenced configuration option) - bootsplash and turn off screens dont work too (out of frequency)...

I realized that problem is thesame even if I try to change from my KDE screen (ctra+alt+F7) into console (ctrl+alt+F2 for example) - no one of text consoles (/dev/tty) works (Konsole program work

I have no ideas now what should I try to change - can anybody help me? any ideas? Maybe sombody has thesame problem and found workaround?

Re: Resolution (frequency) problem

It seems like a bug to me. I have the same problem as many of us here do. However, it still worked OK after booting into the desktop so I didn't try too hard to solve it. More like an annoyance than a problem. I did take a quick look at the xorg.conf file but saw nothing wrong in the usual places (Monitor and Screen sections).

Comment

Working...
    X