This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI 9100 IGP 3D Support

Anyone out there get opengl support on a Radeon 9100 IGP chipset. This is built into my Asus Pundit-R and I don't really want to get a new video card since this is a pretty good setup.

ATI proprietary seems to only provide 2D support. I think the DRI project may have 3D support but whenever I try installing video drivers I always seem to mess something up and end up reinstalling something or other.

FYI, I am using 6.06 RC version.

Re: ATI 9100 IGP 3D Support

I use Nvidia graphics so I may be totally off-base, but have you downloaded the packages "linux-restricted-modules-`uname -r`" and 'xorg-driver-fglrx"?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent
      Anyone out there get opengl support on a Radeon 9100 IGP chipset.  This is built into my Asus Pundit-R and I don't really want to get a new video card since this is a pretty good setup.

ATI proprietary seems to only provide 2D support.  I think the DRI project may have 3D support but whenever I try installing video drivers I always seem to mess something up and end up reinstalling something or other.

I use the same video card too. I cannot get 3D acceleration to work under pclinuxos either.

May ask what is DRI project? I have always wanted 3D acceleration support for linux so that I can play games minus windows.

Comment

Originally posted by gmhafiz
        Originally posted by heatvent
        Anyone out there get opengl support on a Radeon 9100 IGP chipset. This is built into my Asus Pundit-R and I don't really want to get a new video card since this is a pretty good setup.

ATI proprietary seems to only provide 2D support. I think the DRI project may have 3D support but whenever I try installing video drivers I always seem to mess something up and end up reinstalling something or other.

I use the same video card too. I cannot get 3D acceleration to work under pclinuxos either.

May ask what is DRI project? I have always wanted 3D acceleration support for linux so that I can play games minus windows.
        I'm a little fuzzy on the whole 3D support issue for video cards. My of the standard linux drivers seem to shy away from 3D support because it is apparently buggy. The DRI project created some drivers that supported 3D, but seem to be use at your own risk. Also the project stopped. Although I think the drivers are now part of other groups Mesa? Xorg?

Anyway, I dowloaded the release version of Dapper and have some funny things going on.

First, just installing it straight from the installation disk, the "ati" driver is loaded. However, it appears to have 3D support. I installed America's Army which seems to work, although the 3D could have better performance. I also tried using the "Eurphoria" screen saver, which runs really smooth.

You can also add the xorg-fglrx drivers through adept. They work fine, except AA no long works and Euphoria is choppy.

This leaves me confused because I thought the ati driver did not support 3D and the fglrx driver did. I, of course, don't know how to tweak either properly so I don't know if I have things set up the best.

Anyone with some knowlege of this stuff, please chime in.

Comment

Last I knew the libgl.so.1.2 file was broken dont know if it was fixed but my
          3-D will not work after the last update

Comment

OK try this
            Get the old libgl.so.1.2 file change the name to ligGL.so.1.2 and replace the libGL.so.1.2 in usr/lib that should do the trick
            It fixed mine

This is for the flgrx driver

Comment

Working...
            X