This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linksys WMP54G Wireless card

I'just switched from Winxp->Ubuntu Breezy->Kubuntu Dapper Flight 7, having problems with my Linksys WMP54G Wireless card. Apparently the ndiswrapper for rt2500.inf is build-in the kernel, but it is not working...!

I checked under network settings and there is a ra0 device, and its enabled assigned DHCP and completed the SSID for my wireless AP, but it oes not seem to work, no dhcp, no AP.

Also in wireless manager, if you search for a wireless network it tell me nothing has been found.

Also tried the ndiswrapper for this and doing a ndiswrapper -l, it tells me that driver installed, hardware installed.

It almost seems like the radio for the device is turned off, wireless mananger cannot turn the device on or off.

What I'am i missing, been battling with this for a day now, PLEASE help.....!

Re: Linksys WMP54G Wireless card

If you search the forums (the middle blue button near the top of the page) for WMP54G, you will find seven references to this card. If you go to the Ubuntu forums you will find more, a few of which might be helpful. Or, you can try the Ubuntu Wiki which has an extensive collection of tips about wireless cards.

Comment

Working...
    X