This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACPI and Battery Support?

Any word from the developers on the state of Kubuntu ACPI and Battery Monitor support?

I currently have Breezy Kubuntu (updated from Hoary Kubuntu, altered from Hoary Unbuntu) installed on a laptop that's dual-boot with XP. One of the few things keeping me on XP on this laptop is the lack of proper ACPI and Battery suport in Kubuntu.

I'd like to be able to dump XP on at least one of my machines (I Administer an MS programming shop, so I have to keep XP on a couple machines.) But I may have to stick with it on my laptop until this ACPI issue is resolved.

Re: ACPI and Battery Support?

Originally posted by bishounen
    Any word from the developers on the state of Kubuntu ACPI and Battery Monitor support?

I currently have Breezy Kubuntu (updated from Hoary Kubuntu, altered from Hoary Unbuntu) installed on a laptop that's dual-boot with XP. One of the few things keeping me on XP on this laptop is the lack of proper ACPI and Battery suport in Kubuntu.

I'd like to be able to dump XP on at least one of my machines (I Administer an MS programming shop, so I have to keep XP on a couple machines.) But I may have to stick with it on my laptop until this ACPI issue is resolved.
    I'm not a developer, but i can tell you that on the latest kubuntu dapper beta, i have no problems with ACPI, battery, sleep and these kind of things...
    Bye!

Comment

Well that's good to hear.

What brand of laptop are you using? I have an Acer 3001LCi myself.

Comment

Hi,

I also have no troubles with all this, I'm using a Toshiba A80. In the mean time, I'm using it from hoary without troubles of acpi

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

I have a Toshiba satellite 2450-101 and the only problem I have is to tell Linux switch my computer in hibernate mode and I do nothing else than listening music with amarok.

Nota : For Mplayer (I removed kaffeine), i just checked the option to not allow the screen saver and even a 4 hours movie will be played until battery is totally over.

Comment

Working...
          X