This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth howto

This is a repost, I've long time problem with Bluetooth since the Breezy, I want to connect to the internet via GPRS on my cell phone, so I installed an USB BT adapter, and I can transfer files between my Linux box and the cell phone, but I've problem connect to the internet, I always get 'unable to open modem' error. I modified some files on the /etc/bluetooth folder and finally made it work but unstable, some times I still got the same error, may be it is the problem of my Nokia phone ? I don't see any info. about how to set up the BT for internet use with the cell phone, does anyone has a step by step instruction, I made it work only by trial and error.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Bluetooth howto

Hello

Have you contacted the cell company, or do you know the settings for internet access, I assume you are using it under WinDoze as well??.........

I have a similar setup with a Motorola phone but have not tried to the setup yet, just curious do you have USB connectivity for the same thing?...........ie a USB cable to access the internet with the phone from WIndows?...........reason I ask is if you do it may be easier, Bluetooth I believe is not really made for Internet as it is a lot slower..........

I will however be watching this post as I may try the same setup via USB with my phone.

Will

Comment

Have a look at this link

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/?action=full...esearch=Titles

Will

Comment

and / or this link

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO-BluetoothNetworking

Comment

Thanks for the link I'll take a look when I've the time ! BT is designed to replace IR, but not all phone support to link up with the GPRS modem, beware of some Sharp phone the BT is only for earphone set ! I've been using the BT to GPRS connection for internet for half year but with Knoppix, there they have a much easier utility to do it.
          Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

Hmmmm....................Knoppix, Deb based..................lol. Might have to do some research.

Will

Comment

Working...
            X