This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple sound devices issue

I have a Logitech webcam that shows up as a usb sound device but as a mic only. There is a standard via82xx sound card as well which is my primary sound device for all audio needs.

Lately, I've noticed that the usb sound device is picked as the default during bootup and hence there is no sound in KDE. Does anyone know how I can select the via82xx card as the default sound device ?

Thanks.

Re: Multiple sound devices issue

Unfortunately i'm on my dauly job now, using Windows & can't help you as you deserve.
    I had (have) this problem, too (I have an off-board sound system which connects to the PC via USB). What did I do? I downloaded XMMS, open the Preferences dialog, chose ALSA, clicked on Configure and on the via82xx (there's a hw:... something before it), clicked on Apply, OK and so on and closed it.
    The I opened KControl, went to the Sound section, clicked on the tab on the right and paste the hw:.. thing on the box starting with Replace... or something like that. That works perfectly.
    Let me know if you can't follow these steps. At night, at home, I'll be more specifically.
    Nevermore! Nevermore! - E. A. Poe

Comment

hi, it's me again.
      if you're still having problems with your soudcards, please follow this thread:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=144400

cheers
      Nevermore! Nevermore! - E. A. Poe

Comment

Hey I had something similar.. read through this stuff on the Ubuntu forum..

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=134041

I had to reboot twice (or maybe 3) times. After that my Extigy worked!

Unfortunately Amarok claimed it had an invalid xine engine (even though it managed to play a track and a half of music) and then it packed in replacing xine with void engine or something.

I managed to get Kaffeine working.. now playing track 2.. fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Working...
        X