This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help When i Upgrade To Feisty

i need help to upgrade to kubuntu feisty edition...i have the dapper edition...i have updated a number of times but whenever i try to install automatix it doesnt work. HELP
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%

Re: Need Help When i Upgrade To Feisty

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. Frankly, I have no idea whether upgrading from Dapper to Feisty is a wise decision for you or not. That depends on (1) your hardware, (2) what you want to use it for and (3) how you do the upgrade. I can tell you that using Automatix could be a very unwise decision (depending on your system).

First of all, it would be a mistake to upgrade directly from Dapper to Feisty without upgrading to Edgy in between. However, that may or may not be the cause of your problem with Automatix. There is some hardware for which Automatix simply doesn't work and there are some system configurations that Automatix can't deal with.

Personally, I'm not an expert on Automatix, but if you describe EXACTLY what happens when you try to use it and THE PRECISE WORDING of any error messages that you get, someone here who is an Automatix expert will be able to help you.

Comment

Re: Need Help When i Upgrade To Feisty

hey thanks for the advise....but its not my hardware because it works perfectly fine in dapper, and when
      i even try to upgrade to edgy it wont even load my kernal however when i upgrade directly to feisty i have no problem until i try to reinstall automatix because everyone knows that automatix dapper edition and automatix feisty edition are different, but i dont even get an error message for my automatix it just doesn't want to load at all.

Comment

Working...
      X