X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docky

Hi,

Docky does not work in Kubuntu 19.04. It does not have it in the repository, and if it is installed in the older version that was upgraded on 19.04 it simply "disappears." I have Plank as a replacement but I do not like Plank. How to install Docky?

Thank you,
    Corwin555

I am going to say that docky might not work anymore, as it has not been updated by its developer since 2015. It may be abandoned. Usually packages like this are removed by Debian, or by Ubuntu if it no longer compiles and/or have been abandoned.
    You might try and build it from source code, but I imagine it will be a hassle at best, and a pain in the butt no matter what.

I suggest investigating Latte dock, which is highly configurable and customization (though that part seems a touch confusing to me)
    It is incredibly popular, in active development for a while now and there are tons of video and other how-tos on it.

Comment

I can say I switched to Latte and it does very good. Yes the Configure portion is very confusing but the choices they have by default I think cover a good base.

Comment

I have started using it as I want a custom panel on separate Activities., and even no panel at all on occasion, and this, being a separate widget rather than a panel, allows for this.

Comment

Originally posted by corwin555 View Post
          I have Plank as a replacement but I do not like Plank. How to install Docky?
          IIRC, one of the Docky devs is involved in Plank.

https://launchpad.net/~ricotz/+archi...s_filter=disco

Maybe you can contact the dev and explain your issue (or even describe it here).
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            I am going to say that docky might not work anymore, as it has not been updated by its developer since 2015. It may be abandoned. Usually packages like this are removed by Debian, or by Ubuntu if it no longer compiles and/or have been abandoned.
            You might try and build it from source code, but I imagine it will be a hassle at best, and a pain in the butt no matter what.

I suggest investigating Latte dock, which is highly configurable and customization (though that part seems a touch confusing to me)
            It is incredibly popular, in active development for a while now and there are tons of video and other how-tos on it.
            Thanks, I moved to Cairo-Dock, it looks great after a short setup and installation plug in

Comment

Latte dock does not suit me. Thank you
              The Cairo-Dock will be OK

Comment

Working...
              X