Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Desktop grid, present windows and zoom to magnify desktop stopped working

Is it just me or some update that came today or yesterday made desktop grid, present windows and zoom (magnify desktop) and perhaps more things to stop working?

KDE Plasma 5.12.7
    KDE Frameworks: 5.47.0
    QT Version: 5.9.5
    Kernek Version: 4.15.0-36-generic
    OS Type: 64-bit

edit: I believe no desktop animation is working at this time, I tried some stuff at Desktop Effects in Settings and nothing worked. In example animations in windows (maximizing, minimizing, opening, closing) are not working.
    Last edited by pemartins; Oct 11, 2018, 02:30 AM.

grid is gone as is the newspaper

woodsmoke

Comment

Is there a way to fix this?

Comment

Maybe you've suspended "compositing"? The default key chord for this is Alt-Shift-F12.

In system settings, Display and Monitor, Compositor, enabled on startup should be checked.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          Maybe you've suspended "compositing"? The default key chord for this is Alt-Shift-F12.

In system settings, Display and Monitor, Compositor, enabled on startup should be checked.
          And the output of
          Code:
          qdbus org.kde.KWin /KWin supportInformation | grep -i composit
          would show the status of compositing.
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
            And the output of
            Code:
            qdbus org.kde.KWin /KWin  supportInformation | grep -i composit
            would show the status of compositing.
            Indeed it was disabled, at first I had no idea why.

---

Originally posted by jlittle View Post

So as I went to the quoted settings panel, the fallowing error was being displayed in there:

As I re-enabled OpenGL and restarted the OS it all started working again.

I would have never guessed this one. I think it would be a good idea having a permanent warning being displayed until some user action is done in these cases of automated disconnection of services, otherwise the user will never know what happened.

Thank you all so much for the help. Issue solved.

Comment

In system settings, Display and Monitor, Compositor, enabled on startup should be checked.[/QUOTE]

There is no such check box in 14.04, but then it is 14.04

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
              X