This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 18.04 and VMware display drivers instead of AMDGPU

Okay, this is an odd one... Just upgraded my working 17.10 system to 18.04, and now the system is using VMware display drivers (big "what in tar hoony's") instead of the open source AMDGPU drivers I was using... The funny expression is because I'm not in a VM environment in anyway shape or form. I see AMDGPU loading in dmesg and in my xorg files, see no references to VMware, (or vitual box etc), yet in Info Center I see VMware, Inc. as my running display drivers. glxinfo reports my display as SGI... vulkaninfo refuses to run... I don't have any problems using applications (even using firefox right now which is also reporting VMware/SGI drivers in about support). Uhh, yea - not sure where to begin debugging this because I don't have any VM stuff installed, I don't see any VM rated stuff loading or in the log files, but right now I'm 100% dead in the water to play any steam games (Steam loads, but Dota 2 and Rise of the Tomb Raider won't load because no Vulkan; Deus Ex: Mankind, Dirt Rally, Cities Skylines (and a dozen other games) also won't load at all (at best I get an intro screen but they just load and terminate). This is the most bizarre thing I've ever come across.

xorg log, dmesg output and glxinfo attached...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nukedathlonman; Jun 23, 2018, 04:46 AM. Reason: typo correction

Forgot the xorg log file...
    Attached Files

Comment

Got it! Was missing the mesa EGL run time packages for some strange reason. :-/ Everything working properly now. :-)

Comment

Working...
      X