This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Dropbox issue

Fresh install Kubuntu 18.04 and installed dropbox. It downloaded and installed, and when I launched it from the Internet sub-menu the process is killed by a bug with the ebook editor launching instead of Firefox opening a window to allow me to sign in to dropbox. Never seen this weird bug before.

Edit: like I said, that was a weird bug. I'll leave this here in case someone else has the same issue. Fixed it by going into Firefox settings and making sure it was default browser. Then went into applications and made sure Firefox was default browser. Relaunched Dropbox and it opened in Firefox and I could link to my dropbox account. Works now.
    Last edited by KBD47; Jun 17, 2018, 04:05 PM. Reason: Solved

go to a terminal and copy and past this command and see if dropbox will work?
    Code:
    dropbox start -i
    post any error messages you get.
    Last edited by kc1di; Jun 17, 2018, 04:03 PM.
    Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
      go to a terminal and copy and past this command and see if dropbox will work?
      Code:
      dropbox start -i
      post any error messages you get.
      It tells me dropbox is already running. I got it working. My best guess is that as I went through installing all the apps I want on a new installation and added Chromium Browser it became the default. But why that then triggered the ebook editor when I launched dropbox is a mystery. What's certain is that once I made Firefox my default browser dropbox then launched as it should.

Comment

Glad you found the answer
        Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
          Glad you found the answer
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X