This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Controlling Volume

In Ubuntu versions 14.04 & 16.04 volume settings there was a box to tick that took the volume over 100% and it then stayed in that range whatever.

With Kubuntu, I can set the volume at over 100%. But as soon as I use the volume control on any player or the laptop it resets to 100%.

I installed Pulse Audio and tried the 'Set as fallback' button. But,it doesn't hold it. It's just the same.

How can I set the volume to 100%+ and set it to operate within that range permanently?

TIA

I am amazed that I am the only person to experience this issue. Bizzare!

Comment

Eliminate the possibility that it may be a corrupted config file in your user's account. Create a new user, logout and log in with that user and see if the behavior persists, or works as expected.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Kubuntu 18.04 there is a box with up/down arrows if you right click the volume icon in th the tray and select Audio Volume Settings you can set the max above 100% if you want.
        Also if you left click the icon beside the output volume control there is a box for addtional settings to the right (tool Box with three horizontal lines in it). It allows you to check a box that raises the maximum volume. good luck.
        Last edited by kc1di; Jun 17, 2018, 07:00 AM.
        Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
          Kubuntu 18.04 there is a box with up/down arrows if you right click the volume icon in th the tray and select Audio Volume Settings you can set the max above 100% if you want.
          Also if you left click the icon beside the output volume control there is a box for addtional settings to the right (tool Box with three horizontal lines in it). It allows you to check a box that raises the maximum volume. good luck.
          This has sorted it out for me I looked everywhere else, but here...
          THANK YOU!

Thank you, also to Snowhog

Comment

Your Welcome, Enjoy
            Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Working...
            X