This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] no connection to KDE sotre?

Dear KDE fans, please, help me out with a strange issue. Currently, I'm exploring KDE environment and would love to try new looks (from Look and Feel settings). Coming from Unity I'm trying to test "United" theme but cannot download it, facing "error: Connection closed" issue. Even if I try to download it directly from https://store.kde.org/p/1167950 Firefox says "the source could not be read". Is it something wrong with the KDE server or with my network? The same problem with most of the looks and the one I've managed to download will not appear in the settings.

Tried the store link, works fine for me. Give it another try, maybe it was a now rectified issue. If it still doesn't work then try reconnecting to the internet.

Comment

Don't know if it's related, but I'm also having trouble with the KDE "Store". Whenever I try to download Icons, I'm met with the following error:

Unknown Open Collaboration Service API error. (103)

Like I say, may or may not be related. Know that doesn't help though...

Running Kubuntu 18.04 with backports enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
        Tried the store link, works fine for me. Give it another try, maybe it was a now rectified issue. If it still doesn't work then try reconnecting to the internet.
        I have this issue for several days already, it's not going away so far. Occasionally other probably related problems: cannot retrieve new widgets. I have a bad feeling that it might be connected to my network in Russia, however, I could not download the file even using VPN on my Android device.

Comment

I can't help with the store but I uploaded the file to dropbox, see if you can download it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfjem2pjqi...ed.tar.gz?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
            I can't help with the store but I uploaded the file to dropbox, see if you can download it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfjem2pjqi...ed.tar.gz?dl=0
            Thank you so much! That's great. I hope that the issue is temporal and will fix by itself.

Comment

Sadly it happens from time to time. It's been an ongoing pain with the store. Either do it manually or keep trying ...

Comment

I keep trying for the whole week - still not working! Any ideas what could be a problem?

Comment

Worked for me just now. The problem lies on your end. Try a different browser.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                  X