X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android device not recognized by Banshee

Hi all,

I am not sure where to put this question, so it's here.

I am on Kubuntu 16.04. I am trying to sync music from my laptop to my phone. I have a sony xperia z3 compact with Cynagenmod firmware. It is based on Android 5.1.1.

My problem is that Banshee is not able to recognize the phone. I have already added the .is_audio_player file to the root folder of the sd card. I am able to browse the phone from linux once connected. I have no idea what is going on. Rhythmbox and clementine can recognize it as a media device, but amarok and banshee don't.

I tried starting Banshee in debug mode, but I don't see any logs related to the mtp device.

Can someone please help me walk through this. What is going on?

Thanks
    Poorav

As Banshee is a GTK app, I'm not sure how much expertise you'll find here on that particular application. You might try Banshee's Help Page to see about getting help, or checking out Ubuntu Forums' Multimedia section. Apparently, your question has been asked before, and it seems to be a limitation of Banshee at the moment. If the others work the way you want, why not just use one of those?
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
      As Banshee is a GTK app, I'm not sure how much expertise you'll find here on that particular application. You might try Banshee's Help Page to see about getting help, or checking out Ubuntu Forums' Multimedia section. Apparently, your question has been asked before, and it seems to be a limitation of Banshee at the moment. If the others work the way you want, why not just use one of those?
      Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, the others don't work as expected either. When I try to sync with either of the 2, the program crashes!!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that! Just so you know, only Amarok is a KDE application; However it is in need of some love at the moment. You probably want to check out KDE Connect as it can sync files, including music files, and much more(1). Not sure if it's entirely what you want, but it may be, and has the advantage of letting you use any music player you want. There's an Android client available on Google Play(2). It has many other cool features in addition.

Links:

Using KDE Connect to Sync your Android Device with Your Linux Computer

KDE Connect on Google Play
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
          I'm sorry to hear that! Just so you know, only Amarok is a KDE application; However it is in need of some love at the moment. You probably want to check out KDE Connect as it can sync files, including music files, and much more(1). Not sure if it's entirely what you want, but it may be, and has the advantage of letting you use any music player you want. There's an Android client available on Google Play(2). It has many other cool features in addition.
          I started with Amarok, but faced other issues (It didn't recognize all the songs I have). KDE connect seemed a like a good option, but it is not that practical if I want to sync playlists.

Thanks anyway. I will check with banshee

Comment

Don't forget to consider the phone's OS as a possible culprit to investigate.

Comment

Working...
            X