This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon Package Manager toolbar is missing for one user

This morning I was on Kubuntu 16.04 using my wife's account . I had muon package manager running and mouse clicked on something where the toolbar was ---- can't remember what.

The toolbar disappeared. I thought ok I'll just go to where the toolbar was an uses a mouse click that would bring up a menu. Nope...nothing. I also notice that muon update is gone.

So I signed onto my account an Muon Package Manager has a toolbar on my account.

SO something is changed on the user account for my wife but what and where?

I uninstalled / purged Muon and then reinstalled but nothing changed. Maybe there is something in the ~.cache that changed?

Just go into Settings > Show Toolbar

Click image for larger version

Name:	Muon_show_toolbar.png
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	643462

Comment

That is the problem...I don't have that top banner of choices. At the top is the filter on the left and search bar on the right and that is it ... nothing above it. I have no idea how to get the banner that shows File / Edit / Settings / Help.

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
      Just go into Settings > Show Toolbar

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6905[/ATTACH]

Comment

Press Ctrl+M.
        Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 01, 2017, 01:11 PM.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Earlier I tried a bunch of those Ctrl commands and nothing.

I have un-installed and reinstalled twice and no change to her account. My account is fine.

I've included a pic of what I see.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170301_140027.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	643463

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Press Ctrl+M.
          Last edited by urdrwho5; Mar 01, 2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Uninstalling leaves pieces of an app behind.

Open a konsole and type: sudo apt-get remove --purge muon

Afterwards, and while still in the konsole, type: rm ~/.config/muonrc && rm ~/.local/share/applications/muon.desktop

Exit the konsle and logout/reboot. After you have logged back in and are on the Desktop, open a konsole and install muon: sudo apt-get install muon apt-xapian-index

Launch Muon Package Manager and see if things are as they should be.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I did do the purge but the second part is a command that I didn't know how to do. That should do it. I'll give it a try.

Afterwards, and while still in the konsole, type: rm ~/.config/muonrc && rm ~/.local/share/applications/muon.desktop

Exit the konsle and logout/reboot. After you have logged back in and are on the Desktop, open a konsole and install muon: sudo apt-get install muon apt-xapian-index

Comment

Did the second command rm ~/.config/muonrc && rm ~/.local/share/applications/muon.desktop

Received this message -

Cannot remove '/home/"wifes name"/.local/share/applications/muon.desktop': No such file or directory

I'll install it again and see what I get.

Comment

Thank you. Even though I got an error message on part of that second command, upon re-install I find that the missing menus are back.

Name:	Screenshot_20170301_144015.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	643464

Name:	Screenshot_20170301_144015.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	643464
                  Originally posted by urdrwho5 View Post
                  I did do the purge but the second part is a command that I didn't know how to do. That should do it. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Probably got the error because purge did it's duty correctly. Every now-and-then it misses something. Snowhog was being very thorough.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                    X