X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool tip boxes blank with no text

Hello,

I am posting this thread just in case it may arouse a passing developer's curiosity, it is not serious enough to report as a bug.

Unfortunately my upgrade from 14.04 LTS to 16.04 LTS did not go right and I have had to reinstall everything from the DVD download so I effectively have a 'newbie' system (well not quite).

What is puzzling me is that on some programmes when you hover your mouse over a toolbar icon you get the box but no text. This was not a problem until last night when I used Filezilla, it being one of those programmes you set up once and then just use, I forgot what the icons were. ***##!

It also applies to wxGlade, Bless hex editor, Stanis Python Editor and GIMP

All the other programmes I use have tool tip boxes with text in them.

I have tried to think of some common thread to this in the programmes without the text but apart from their python orientation can't come up with one and have not gone delving into config files as it is not that urgent.

Cheers

Roy

Is this relevant? -->
    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post387536
    (There's a bunch of stuff in that thread, about Firefox).
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Using one of the programmes I have just noticed that there is text in the boxes but it is almost an identical colour (color) to the background. You certainly can't make out the words. Certainly not with my eyes (I am even older than graygeek!!!)

Will continue puzzling, watch this space

Cheers

Roy

Comment

That's what the link addresses ... it is for Firefox, but should give you some ideas.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

It isn't just Firefox that suffers. It's any GTK application (GNOME Library based).
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Bug 364264 - 'Apply colors to non-Qt applications' works incorrectly with Breeze GTK : https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=364264

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
            1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
            2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Hello Rog131,

Thanks for the link. Problem sorted with the addition of the suggested script to gtkrc-2.0

To save others going through all the links the solution is found at :

http://iwf1.com/how-to-change-gtk-ap...kground-color/

Thanks again

Roy

Comment

Working...
              X