X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting “Find” working in Dolphin on Kubuntu

Found this on Google:
    Linux: Getting “Find” working in Dolphin on KDE (Linux Mint and Kubuntu)

Like Ryan (the author) I've been struggling with this for years. It seems Baloo was the culprit, but there's more to the story. The hints Ryan gave didn't seem to want to work on my Kubi 16.04 amd64, but did give a hint or two on where to look.

My investigation:
    System Settings > Search has “File Search” which, when you look closely, has a list of places NOT to search. Un-checking this got some ‘Find’ in Dolphin!
    Oops – works fine on a directory tree from / (root) of a drive, but when encountering links/symlinks nothing happens. Dolphin says it’s searching down the bottom of the window, but there is no disk activity or report. Shame! – pretty much all of my data files reside under symlinks

Originally posted by Fester Bestertester View Post
    Shame! – pretty much all of my data files reside under symlinks
    ,,,,yup me to .

but "recoll" finds them fine ,,,,,,,after you set the tick box to follow links .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hi Vinny. I've not encountered 'recoll' - that has the air of command-line. Look for man page? OK, Muon describes it, but does it integrate with or supplant Dolphin?
      Last edited by Fester Bestertester; Aug 19, 2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

No, recoll is a GUI application.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X