This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLAMAV DAEMON Start-up

Since going to 16.04 I have had issues with the CLAMAV daemon appearing not to start.

Basically for use with Thunderbird using CLAMdrib add-on this daemon is required. I've always in the past on upgrades made the necessary changes and all is well. Not with 16.04. There is a fundamental difference which I can't determine.

From a bug report I found some issues that I was able to put into place but it ALWAYS requires me on reboots/log-ins to run the below. All well in good except they require the root PW so I'm not sure how to script that so it just runs without asking for the root PW.

Anyone else? Help? I'll try to find that bug report again.

Thanks!

systemctl --system daemon-reload
    systemctl restart clamav-daemon.socket
    systemctl restart clamav-daemon.service

NOTE: Link where I got the "fix" that at least seems to work: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=771911
    Last edited by MoonRise; Jul 03, 2016, 08:10 AM.

Did you do this part first:
    To tell systemd about the TCP socket, you should create a file
    /etc/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.socket.d/extend.conf containing the
    following two lines:
    [Socket]
    ListenStream=192.168.101.254:3310
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes Sir! Sure did.

Comment

mmm... since the bug was fixed in Dec of 2014 it looks like a regression has entered in. Have you filed another bug report?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Nope! I'll look at doing that.

Comment

Working...
          X