X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop, greeter, and splash

Hi all!

Is there an easier way to change the loading/splash screen of the kubuntu desktop than the one previously outlined here: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...kground-images ?

It seems to me that if you change the SDDM login screen background and the desktop wallpaper to the same image, it would be nice to see one fade into the other.

Thanks for any hints and tips.
    --
    Intocabile

Yes, it's doable, at least, I've done it 'in the past'. One just needs to use the same background image in both.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have the same image in the SDDM greeter and on the KDE desktop. It still loads the default kubuntu theme image during loading (splash screen).
      --
      Intocabile

Comment

See https://github.com/sddm/sddm/issues/350 for an explanation/solution?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog - that's lead me to a simple and dirty fix.

Backup and replace both the following with the same picture:

/usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/components/artwork/background.png
          /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/components/artwork/background.png

Changing the SDDM theme background doesn't change the SDDM splash background, which is different from the desktop wallpaper.

So you have to change one on the desktop, one in the control panel, one in the CLI, if you want your login screen to fade gracefully into the desktop.
          --
          Intocabile

Comment

Working...
          X