This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notification in the wrong position

Since I have upgraded to Xenial, I have noticed that the notifications no longer appear at the bottom right corner of my monitor. Instead, they appear about an inch above the taskbar (see attached screenshot). Oddly, this happens only to one of my monitors. The other one has an identical taskbar and the notifications on it appear at the correct position. Is there a way to reset this without removing the entire panel and starting from scratch?
    Attached Files

My guess, maybe wrong, is that both monitors have different resolutions?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      My guess, maybe wrong, is that both monitors have different resolutions?
      No, both monitors are identical - same make, model and resolution.

Comment

I think I have solved it! It was bothering me enough that I decided to delete the panel entirely and add a new one in its place. Once I have removed the panel, I realized that there was another one right underneath it. God knows how many more are underneath the current one :-) I wish there was an easy way to find that out. Anyway, this problem for now appears to be solved.

Comment

You can unlock the widgets, select and use the screen edge tool under panel options to move it and have a look. It's not exactly easy but...

(At least in 14.04, I can't boot my 16.04 laptop to check as I am pinned under a cat)
          If you're sitting wondering,
          Which Batman is the best,
          There's only one true answer my friend,
          It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

I'm having a similar issue. I sometimes connect my laptop to my TV via VGA, and this works fine. However, after disconnecting from the TV the notifications on the laptop screen show up a bit too high. I have also noticed that if I reboot the laptop, the notifications return to their correct locations.

Comment

Working...
            X