This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Panel: Google Chrome tab render problem

I just updated to Kubuntu 16.04 yesterday. It's looking great so far!

The only small issue I have at the moment is a strange interaction between Google Chrome and the KDE Panel. When Chrome is open and has the focus, it shows up in the panel fine. However, when I move the focus to a different application, the Chrome tab in the Panel does not render properly - it shows with a stripe through it (see attached image).

From the testing I've done so far, this behaviour appears to be specific to Chrome only. All other applications (even Chromium) render as expected in the Panel, both with and without focus.

Any ideas on what is causing this?
    Attached Files

A quick update: I've now noticed that this sometimes (but not always) happens with at least one other application as well (Universal Password Manager (http://upm.sourceforge.net/). So it's not 100% specific to Chrome.

Comment

I have now fixed the problem. I tried changing the Workspace Theme->Look And Feel from Breeze to Dark Breeze and then back again. This somehow got me into a state where the system wouldn't cleanly start up again (the log-in splash screen would not disappear, even though the login had mostly worked fine and I could launch applications). I then tried changing some Compositor settings under Display and Monitor (in particular, switching back from EGL to GLX). I'm now at a stage where the login works fine and the strange rendering problem of tabs in the Panel has disappeared. I suspect it was the Compositor settings that made the difference.

Comment

Working...
      X