This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiboot doesn't work anymore

I've been using the multiboot program to create bootable USB drives for a long time.
    SInce I performed a clean install of 16.04, I needed to reinstall multiboot.
    Problem is the software discoverer program leave a lot to be desired. It can't even
    locate GIMP let alone multiboot. So I did some additional searching and located
    the program which uses a script to install.

Running the script fails with a error about xterm and something else.
    Additional searches led me to another way to install using apt-get.
    This method appears to work EXCEPT the program doesn't recognize any USB drives.
    I even tried formatting the drive to FAT 32 and mounting it to the /media folder.

Previous installations were much easier and I didn't have to change the drive formatting
    or mount point. Any ideas as to how to get this working again? If not any recommendations
    for a program to create a bootable USB drive containing Rescue CD, TRK, and multiple other
    OSs?

I don't have any idea what "the multiboot program" is. Care to be more specific? There are several out there that answer to that description. I myself, created my own multiboot thumb drive manually, but it was some work and was hit-or-miss to boot some distros.

If by "the software discoverer program" you mean Muon Discover then yes, agreed - it leaves a lot to be desired. That might actually be a polite description. Try installing "muon" and launching that. It's much more Synaptic-like.

Please Read Me

Comment

Take a look at this link... http://www.pendrivelinux.com/multibo...sb-from-linux/

Comment

Program is now called multisystem. I have latest and it still doesn't recognize any USB drive connected to the PC. Even when mounted to the media folder.

Comment

Working...
        X