X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frozen mouse while scrolling

Hello everybody :-)

At least with firefox too often the mouse is frozen while I*scroll. Please how can I*get the mouse allways moved while scrolling?
    Last edited by nicrnicr; Sep 29, 2017, 02:58 AM.

This has began to happen to me with Firefox(r) in the last update (ver 55.0.2) . I don't have a permanent fix, but:

I can tap the up/down arrow keys on the keyboard and restore mouse scroll wheel response.
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

I appologize in advance.

If your mouse refuses to move, introduce it to a cat. Guaranteed that mouse will move very quickly!
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

My cat and mouse arrived at the same time and are best-buds. Often find the cat curled up around the mouse.

Is there a cat union which whom I can lodge a labor dispute? I suspect they are both non-Windows certified.
        Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Thank you TWPonKubuntu for you answer and Snowhog for your joke :-)
          I will try to downgrade FF. Because I*have another problem with this FF and an add-on.

Comment

Hi TWPonKubuntu & Snowhog,
            I found why the cursor often don't move while scrolling. My mouse is in the keyboard and there is a vertical special place right which is exclusively reserved for scrolling. On this area the cursor don't move, only the window.
            Cheers

Comment

nicrnicr;

I think you are talking about a "touch pad", and not a "mouse".

We usually mean that the mouse is a separate device, either wired or wireless, which we push around with our hand. Some of these have a scroll wheel, between the left and right buttons. I see where we were giving advice that did not work for you.

Glad you solved the problem.
              TWP

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
                nicrnicr;

I think you are talking about a "touch pad", and not a "mouse".

TWP
                I though he was referring to the twiddle stick in the middle of the Lenovo keyboard.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Could be, except that he said there is a "special place" on the right side which allows scrolling. That sounds like my laptop touchpad, on which the right side let me swipe up/down to scroll the screen, without moving the cursor.

I disabled my touchpad because I kept tapping it with my thumbs while trying to type on the keyboard... Yeah, I'm "all thumbs"

Comment

Working...
                  X