This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown activity of filter beep

After installation of kubuntu 16.04 I have every time after start session an Information window with the text: Unknown activity of filter beep in the rule my filter. Ignored. I don't know even where the rules are. How can I get rid of it?
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Start by searching for a file called "my filter". Open a konsole and type:

sudo find / -name my\ filter*

IF a file with that name is found, note it's location and take a look at what's in it.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 28, 2016, 08:04 AM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Exact Information window with English system language is as follows:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	beep1.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	643198
      I did not find a file můj filtr. I suspect an old firestarter, which was in the system, but I didn't find the rule můj filtr in it either.

Comment

From the image, it looks like a mail filter, perhaps kmail?. If so, this is not stored in a file of it's own, but take a look in Kmail >> Settings >> Configure Filters.
        There are mail filtering options to have the computer play a sound , say for example when new mail arrives.

I don't see this option specifically in 16/04's version of Kmail, but there also used to be an option in Kmail >> Configure Kmail >> Accounts that specifically was to have the computer beep when new mail arrived. Did you upgrade or preserve your configs from a previous version?

Comment

Information windows had more headers and only one of them had text mail in it, which unfortunately didn't read. It would be clear after first start of KMail in 16.04. So the problem was some filter with the name Unknown in KMAIL and the solution was to erase it. Thank you for helping me.

Comment

Working...
          X