This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade 10 16.04

An update notification was presented. In the same notifier an offer to upgrade was presented.
    After the update and reststart the upgrade was selected.
    This on an AMD64.
    Time for upgrade in middle of U.S.: 2 hours and 41 minutes using cable.
    There were no problems with the upgrade.
    What little data was onboard had been backed up but there was no loss of data including such things as bookmarks, recent documents, etc.
    woodsmoke

Comment

Hi moonrise! your art is lookin' good as usual!

Upon sitting at the computer today there was a "shield" with a BIG HONKIN' RED X" saying that there were updates, so I clicked it and got. "Discover" which is a larger, "more in keeping with the artwork" box that listed the updates, and an update button at the top, the update went with no problems.
      Firefox has a big update called "Upgrade 10 16 04", my gmail account is now on the settings thing on the top right. It may have been there before and I just never noticed it..

There are some changes in the icons being "more pretty".

I installed Blueman prior to the upgrade to be able to "get Bluetooth" to work with a computer downstairs. The problem with the original app is that there "was not time" between setting the code and getting into the other machine.

Blueman is more lenient in terms of time, and has ALWAYS worked for me going back through several distros, I personally, think that Blueman should be provided as a default, just my thought.

KDE connect works flawlessly.

In reference to another post, Amarok is present and functional.

woodsmoke
      Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 27, 2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I can say that although there are a few things still not ported over that I actually did use, 16.04 does run really well. Worth the update and ready for future forward.

Comment

Having upgraded my way through 14.04 to 15.10, I decided now was the time for a clean installation. So far it's been pretty much flawless except for Discover, which has text all over the place when using it as a software centre. It has already been reported as a bug so hopefully a fix won't be too far away.

Kudos and thanks to everyone involved.
          If you're sitting wondering,
          Which Batman is the best,
          There's only one true answer my friend,
          It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Working...
          X