Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

~/.xsession-errors getting several MB in size.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~/.xsession-errors getting several MB in size.

It seems that all though my display appears to be stable (and beautiful) from my perspective, behind the scenes a lot of error msgs are being thrown. If your .xsession-errors file is getting too large then you can use the following command to empty it out while your system is running:
    truncate --size=0 ~/.xsession-errors

Edit:
    In the time it took to post the msg above the following data appeared in my ~/.xsession-errors file:
    Code:

Code:
    [FONT=monospace][B][COLOR=#000000]:~$ cat ~/.xsession-errors  [/COLOR][/B]
    QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 29153, resource id: 10485764, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
    kdeinit5: PID 945 terminated.
    kscreen: Primary output changed from KScreen::Output(Id: 66 , Name: "LVDS1" ) ( "LVDS1" ) to KScreen::Output(Id: 66 , Name: "LVDS1" ) ( "LVDS1" )
    kscreen: Primary output changed from KScreen::Output(Id: 66 , Name: "LVDS1" ) ( "LVDS1" ) to KScreen::Output(Id: 66 , Name: "LVDS1" ) ( "LVDS1" )
    kscreen.kded: Change detected
    kscreen.kded: Saving current config to file
    kscreen.kded: Calculating config ID for KScreen::Config(0x24c3cc0)
    kscreen.kded:   Part of the Id:  "9ce38cadbf9f336b0d06506d64149425"
    kscreen.kded:   Config ID: "c26c5a913c0bc317657fa4c99f87a8ae"
    kscreen.kded: Config saved on:  "/home/jerry/.local/share/kscreen/c26c5a913c0bc317657fa4c99f87a8ae"
    networkmanager-qt: void NetworkManager::AccessPointPrivate::propertiesChanged(const QVariantMap&) Unhandled property "LastSeen"
    networkmanager-qt: void NetworkManager::AccessPointPrivate::propertiesChanged(const QVariantMap&) Unhandled property "LastSeen"
    .... snip about 50 repeats of this error ......
    QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 47489, resource id: 111149057, major code: 15 (QueryTree), minor code: 0
    kdeinit5: PID 626 terminated.
    kscreen.kded: Change detected
    kscreen.kded: Saving current config to file
    kscreen.kded: Calculating config ID for KScreen::Config(0x24c3cc0)
    kscreen.kded:   Part of the Id:  "9ce38cadbf9f336b0d06506d64149425"
    kscreen.kded:   Config ID: "c26c5a913c0bc317657fa4c99f87a8ae"
    kscreen.kded: Config saved on:  "/home/jerry/.local/share/kscreen/c26c5a913c0bc317657fa4c99f87a8ae"
    QXcbConnection: XCB error: 2 (BadValue), sequence: 38634, resource id: 29360132, major code: 142 (Unknown), minor code: 3
    [B]jerry@jerry-Aspire-7739:~$[/B] 
    [/FONT]

Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 26, 2016, 09:28 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

I get a constant stream of
    Code:
    so I've added your truncate command to a cron job that runs every couple of hours.

It's very useful until the bug gets fixed. Thanks.
    If you're sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

I actually have a bunch of redraw errors, sensors: not found, and QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap. I'll clear that and see what it looks like at the end of the day.

Comment

Hey, I'm amazed! It's usually Graygeek who replies to my problems.

I have the same problem.

org.kde.KScreen[1442]: kscreen: Primary output changed from KScreen::Output(Id: 175 , Name: "HDMI-3" ) ( "HDMI-3" ) to KScreen::Output(Id: 175 , Name: "HDMI-3" ) ( "HDMI-3" )

After a number of these, the system hangs.
        'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by joneall View Post
          Hey, I'm amazed! It's usually Graygeek who replies to my problems.

I have the same problem.

org.kde.KScreen[1442]: kscreen: Primary output changed from KScreen::Output(Id: 175 , Name: "HDMI-3" ) ( "HDMI-3" ) to KScreen::Output(Id: 175 , Name: "HDMI-3" ) ( "HDMI-3" )

After a number of these, the system hangs.
          Here is a bug report about kscreen, which is the "smart" hotplug for plugging monitors in and out. Also, kscreen dual monitor configurations apparently do not survive a reboot.

It's been reported that something as simple as deleting the kscreen directory, ~/.kde/share/apps/kscreen, fixes hot plugging problem.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X