X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

added a custom look and feel now im screwed

Hi,

In a thread here a user explained how to customize the login and splash screens. Login worked fine but i might have made a mistake following his instructions to change the splash. Because now when i login i get a black screen responding to almost nothing.

No widgets no kde menu. I can acces a terminal because of yakuake. When i execute systemsettings i get an error: system settings was unable to find any views. And displays nothing.

I think i accidently changed the lookandfeel for the entire de. Is there a way to change it back to breeze using only a terminal?

Thanks!

Edit: this was the link:https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...kground-images

I think i know how i messed up. I followed instructions but i didnt like the results so i removed the draft lookandfeel using the same command but with the -r option. But i forgot to select the breeze look and feel in system settings again.
    Last edited by linuxmonkey; May 24, 2015, 09:26 AM.

It would be good to include a link to the post with the instructions that you followed.

Comment

Link in op

Comment

when i run kcmshell5 --list i get:

valentin@ASUS-N551JQ:~$ kcmshell5 --list
        kf5.kiconthemes: "Theme tree: (Breeze)"
        The following modules are available:
        kf5.kservice.sycoca: Trying to open ksycoca from "/home/valentin/.cache/ksycoca5"
        kf5.kservice.sycoca: Trying to open global ksycoca from "/home/valentin/.local/share/kservices5/ksycoca5"
        kf5.kservice.sycoca: Trying to open ksycoca from "/home/valentin/.cache/ksycoca5"
        kf5.kservice.sycoca: Trying to open global ksycoca from "/home/valentin/.local/share/kservices5/ksycoca5"
        kf5.kservice.sycoca: Still no database...
        No ksycoca database available! Tried running kbuildsycoca5 ?
        KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType "KCModule" not found

Comment

got my system back finaly :P Turns out a file was not writable anymore. ~/.cache/ksycoca5. I changed the permissions and voila

Comment

Good that you found it!

Comment

Working...
            X