This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ffmpegthumbnail

I need to install ffmpegthumbnail,kffmpegthumbnail.... in order to view video thumbnail in Dolphin File manager.
    How to do it,please?

Open Muon Package Manager (not Muon Discoverer), K > Applications > System, type ffmpegthumbnail in the search window, it appears, right-click on it, Mark for installation, Apply changes (green checkmark at the top of the menu somewhere). Same for the kffmpegthumbnail.

If you do not have Muon Package Manager, get it from Muon Discoverer by opening Muon Discoverer, type Muon Package Manager in the search window at the top, then install it using the buttons offered for such. After installation, you will find it under K > Applications > System.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
      Open Muon Package Manager (not Muon Discoverer), K > Applications > System, type ffmpegthumbnail in the search window, it appears, right-click on it, Mark for installation, Apply changes (green checkmark at the top of the menu somewhere). Same for the kffmpegthumbnail.

If you do not have Muon Package Manager, get it from Muon Discoverer by opening Muon Discoverer, type Muon Package Manager in the search window at the top, then install it using the buttons offered for such. After installation, you will find it under K > Applications > System.
      Thanks a lot,Qqmike.

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-T20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like you're getting things done!
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Looks like you're getting things done!
          Unfortunately I still can't find Muon Package Manager in Muon Discover.
          How do I do it,please?

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-T20 using Tapatalk

Comment

FAQ: KDE preview thumbnail

Try Me !

Comment

In Muon Discoverer, there is a search window at top-right. Type in that window: Muon Package Manager, and it will show up below.

Comment

In Muon Discoverer, there is a search window at top-right. Type in that window: Muon Package Manager, and it will show up below.
                Yes,Qqmike.I tried it there but there's just nothing.
                I will upload screenshot later.
                And also I can't find evern vlc in multimedia in Muon Discover.
                Do I need to add some sources?
                More than that,I found there are system updates available so I updated it.
                It shows downloading but nothing happens there for a very long time.
                What went wrong?
                Please,thanks a lot.

Comment

OK. Try this first.
                  First try to fix things:
                  Open Konsole (K > Applications > System > Terminal (Konsole))
                  type
                  sudo dpkg --configure -a
                  and press Enter (give your password, Enter again)
                  Then
                  sudo apt-get update
                  then
                  sudo apt-get -f install

(Note carefully the spaces includes in the above 3 commands.)

Then, install muon. Note that muon is the Muon Package Manager.
                  At Konsole,
                  type
                  sudo apt-get install muon
                  and press Enter

That should install Muon Package Manager:
                  K > Applications > System > Package Manager (Muon Package Manager)

(Actually, this is how you could also install the two thumbnail packages, too; but let's get muon going.)

Then you can close Konsole (click the X at upper right).

Then see if you can find Muon Package Manager.
                  Last edited by Qqmike; May 16, 2015, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot,Qqmike.
                    I finally can install Muon Package Manager and got what I am looking for.
                    Now all video files,picture files and pdf files are shown in thumbnail previews.
                    Thanks again,really appreciate it.

Comment

Good!

For future reference, if your Muon or updater has problems like you found in #8 ("More than that,I found there are system updates available so I updated it. It shows downloading but nothing happens there for a very long time."), use those first 3 commands to try to fix it. There are also other ways (commands) to fix these things, too, as other users may have their preferences.

And to install a package, use the
                      sudo apt-get install <package name>

Like, for example, this:

sudo apt-get install ffmpegthumbnail

to install ffmpegthumbnail.

Or, simply install using the GUI--Muon Package Manager, as you did, rather than the CLI--Konsole.

Comment

Working...
                      X