This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen edges

I am using Kubuntu 14.04 with KDE 4.13.3. I have been using the center top screen edge to display the Desktop Grid. It has suddenly stopped working. The options are in System Settings, Workspace Behavior, Screen Edges. I have configured four virtual desktops and these can be selected from the bottom panel. However, pushing the mouse to the top center of the screen will not display the Desktop Grid. Nor can the Desktop Grid be displayed from any other screen position.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

monontrekker

I'm also using K14.04, KDE 4.13.3. In my experience the desktop edges/corners isn't 100% reliable here ... sometimes it just doesn't work the first time and I have to try multiple times before it reacts to the mouse. I have Desktop Grid set to a shortcut key (Meta+D). I temporarily set it to the centre top screen edge as you have and it did work here. Maybe you have inadvertently changed a setting that is stopping it from working (perhaps a clash with another desktop effect ... I've had that happen in the past)? I'm attaching a screenshot of my settings below as a comparison to your own.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Kubuntu 14-04 (Trusty) Configure active screen edges.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	643389
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Kubuntu 14-04 (Trusty) Desktop Grid settings.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	643390
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

I still cannot get the desktop grid to work. It was working fine and it quit working suddenly. I don't remember any updates that would have affected it. It is almost as if the code that generates the grid has been disabled.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

One method to test this sort of thing is to create a new user on your system, log in as that user, and test what isn't working. This will eliminate or confirm that a user setting is the culprit.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X