This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde hanging

KDe is hanging on me, or running like molasses. Click the K, wait a minute and menu might pop up. If I switch to lxde or xfce, everything fine. Tried to purge and reinstall kubuntu-desktop. it said 1 file removed. Something not right there. purge kubuntu-full listed too many files. backed out of that one.

So, what steps to take to fix this? Especially since I'm not sure of the root of the problem. Could restore image made last week, but the problem may just come back and I still wouldn't know wht.

Ideas??

removal and reinstallation of packages very rarely, if ever, fixes anything in Linux.

You would need to open ksysguard, or run top or htop in a terminal, to help find anything that is sucking up your ram or cpu.
    Also, check for hard drive activity - the file indexer could be active, or you are hitting swap.

Comment

Found a stuck bash script. Deleted it and all is fine again. Don't even have a swap this go around. Noticed it never got touched in over a month, so just didn't make on this time

Comment

Working...
      X