This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New flash plugin

The new flash plugin does not download been waiting for 2 hours to download does anyone been able to get it?? or is the site down Thanks Richard

what new flash plugin ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Probably slow, it took a while for it to download on both my boxes today, thought it had frozen. Everyone is probably receiving the update all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        what new flash plugin ?

VINNY
        Everyone in Ubuntu-land from 12.04 on up to vivid are getting this, and probably across distros as well.

flashplugin-nonfree (11.2.202.457ubuntu1) vivid; urgency=medium

* New upstream release 11.2.202.457
        - debian/flashplugin-installer.{config,postinst},
        debian/post-download-hook: Updated version and sha256sum

Comment

ya ,,,,not slow at hear ,,,,after posting the "what new flash plugin" ,,,,,,,did the dist-upgrade thing ,,,,,164 +new kernel and including the "flashplugin-installer: downloading http://archive.canonical.com/pool/partner/a/adobe-flashplugin/adobe-flashplugin_20150414.1.orig.tar.gz" ,,,,and I am ready to reboot now

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

My updates installer got stuck.After reboot I typed sudo dpkg --configure -a which again started downloading flash which never downloads. Ctrl-C then sudo apt-get remove --purge flashplugin-installer and it will stay that way on my machine until this flash problem is solved.

Comment

Pulled the installer this morning as part of my daily update check. Ran the installer and waited for about 20 minutes while the installer ran in Konsole. Works now. My connection is normally slow, so this was expected.
              Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.3, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Working...
              X