X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konsole, Dolphin, Yakuake,.. don't launch anymore

Hi,

I'm unable to run the following applications: Konsole, Dolphin, Yakuake, Kile,..
    The problems started a few days ago, right after installing the latest kernel update.

Using Linux x86_64 Kubuntu 14.04 (Kernel Version: 3.13.0-48-generic), KDE 4.13.3

Konsole error message:
    QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
    QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
    unnamed app(5328): Communication problem with "konsole" , it probably crashed.
    Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

Yakuake error message:
    Communication problem with "yakuake" , it probably crashed.
    Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

Dolphin/Kile error message:
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower:eviceAdded(QDBusObjectPat h)
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower:eviceRemoved(QDBusObjectP ath)

I tried to uninstall/reinstall the applications, but they still fail to launch. The session dbus daemon is running and I can access qdbus (it prints a long lists of services. no errors). There is also enough free disk space available and other KDE apps like kate, gwenview, kcal, ksysgarde,.. all work fine.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Now there is a solution to this issue:
    https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?...331854#p331854

Comment

Good to hear you got it solved.

Kate, yakuake and kile use konsole's kpart for their embedded terminals, so it makes sense they were affected by the konsole issue.

Comment

Working...
      X