• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel/higan/"Error: OpenGL 3.2 is not available. ..."

Intel/higan/"Error: OpenGL 3.2 is not available. ..."

Hi,

When I run higan emulator on my Kubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit
    I get an "Error: "OpenGL 3.2 is not available. ..." message?
    Running it on a Intel Celeron dual-core CPU with onboard Intel graphics.

Am I expecting too much from my thin client to be able to use OpenGL 3.2 ?
    Thanks!

Jesse

jezxlee@jezxlee-ZBOX-ID81:~$ lspci | grep VGA
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    jezxlee@jezxlee-ZBOX-ID81:~$

Comment

Please install the mesa-utils package. Then run and report the output of the following:

glxinfo | egrep 'OpenGL|vendor|version'

dpkg -l | grep -i mesa

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        Please install the mesa-utils package. Then run and report the output of the following:

glxinfo | egrep 'OpenGL|vendor|version'

dpkg -l | grep -i mesa
        Code:
        jezxlee@jezxlee-ZBOX-ID81:~$ glxinfo | egrep 'OpenGL|vendor|version'
        server glx vendor string: SGI
        server glx version string: 1.4
        client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
        client glx version string: 1.4
        GLX version: 1.4
        OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
        OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile 
        OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.3
        OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
        OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
        OpenGL core profile extensions:
        OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.3
        OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
        OpenGL context flags: (none)
        OpenGL extensions:
        Code:
        jezxlee@jezxlee-ZBOX-ID81:~$ dpkg -l | grep -i mesa
        ii  libegl1-mesa:amd64                          10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        free implementation of the EGL API -- runtime
        ii  libegl1-mesa-dev                            10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        free implementation of the EGL API -- development files
        ii  libegl1-mesa-drivers:amd64                  10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        free implementation of the EGL API -- hardware drivers
        ii  libgl1-mesa-dev                             10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX development files
        ii  libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64                       10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        free implementation of the OpenGL API -- DRI modules
        ii  libgl1-mesa-dri:i386                        10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          i386         free implementation of the OpenGL API -- DRI modules
        ii  libgl1-mesa-glx:amd64                       10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX runtime
        ii  libgl1-mesa-glx:i386                        10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          i386         free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX runtime
        ii  libglapi-mesa:amd64                         10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        free implementation of the GL API -- shared library
        ii  libglapi-mesa:i386                          10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          i386         free implementation of the GL API -- shared library
        ii  libgles2-mesa:amd64                         10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        free implementation of the OpenGL|ES 2.x API -- runtime
        ii  libgles2-mesa-dev                           10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        free implementation of the OpenGL|ES 2.x API -- development files
        ii  libglu1-mesa:amd64                          9.0.0-2                                    amd64        Mesa OpenGL utility library (GLU)
        ii  libglu1-mesa:i386                           9.0.0-2                                    i386         Mesa OpenGL utility library (GLU)
        ii  libglu1-mesa-dev                            9.0.0-2                                    amd64        Mesa OpenGL utility library -- development files
        ii  libmirclientplatform-mesa:amd64             0.1.8+14.04.20140411-0ubuntu1              amd64        Display server for Ubuntu - client platform library for Mesa
        ii  libopenvg1-mesa:amd64                       10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        free implementation of the OpenVG API -- runtime
        ii  libosmesa6:amd64                            10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        Mesa Off-screen rendering extension
        ii  libosmesa6:i386                             10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          i386         Mesa Off-screen rendering extension
        ii  libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:amd64                     0~git20131104-1.1                          amd64        Texture compression library for Mesa
        ii  libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:i386                      0~git20131104-1.1                          i386         Texture compression library for Mesa
        ii  libwayland-egl1-mesa:amd64                  10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        implementation of the Wayland EGL platform -- runtime
        ii  mesa-common-dev                             10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1                          amd64        Developer documentation for Mesa
        ii  mesa-utils                                  8.1.0-2                                    amd64        Miscellaneous Mesa GL utilities
        jezxlee@jezxlee-ZBOX-ID81:~$
        Last edited by SteveRiley; Sep 05, 2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

OK. From what I've been able to glean, Intel stopped with OpenGL core 3.1 on Sandybridge graphics. However, I've found a couple remarks that newer versions of the Mesa graphics stack have added some level of OpenGL 3.2 support to overcome the lack of this capability in the driver. If you install the Xorg Edgers PPA, this will bring in a much more up-to-date X Window system and Mesa stack. Give it a try.

Comment

Working...
          X