X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
    Well I am now

And what were the results? (System wide or user contained issue)
    Oh, the same... System wide.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
      Oh, the same... System wide.
      That suggests a bug to me, but it could be tricky to pinpoint it out (especially if the behavior is not consistent), I'll throw in some things to try:

1. try running 'qdbus org.kde.kwin /KWin supportInformation | grep -i focus' to see if kwin actually respects your focus settings
      2. try monitoring your window properties with xprop (see 'man xprop' for details, 'man -spy' could be useful)
      3. try enabling all kwin debug messages in 'kdebugdialog' and restart kwin from konsole 'kwin --replace'
      4. try temporarily disabling desktop effects to see if the issue depends on desktop effects

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
        That suggests a bug to me, but it could be tricky to pinpoint it out (especially if the behavior is not consistent), I'll throw in some things to try:

1. try running 'qdbus org.kde.kwin /KWin supportInformation | grep -i focus' to see if kwin actually respects your focus settings
        2. try monitoring your window properties with xprop (see 'man xprop' for details, 'man -spy' could be useful)
        3. try enabling all kwin debug messages in 'kdebugdialog' and restart kwin from konsole 'kwin --replace'
        4. try temporarily disabling desktop effects to see if the issue depends on desktop effects
        Thanks for the suggestions, kubicle. I'll give them a try as desire and energy permit!
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
        X