Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email Link Opened In Google Chrome Has Corruption In Mozilla Thunderbird?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Link Opened In Google Chrome Has Corruption In Mozilla Thunderbird?

"Email Link Opened In Google Chrome Has Corruption In Mozilla Thunderbird?"

Hi,

I am trying to get a job now.
    I goto my local CraigsList mostly to apply to jobs.

When I click on the email link for a job on my local CraigsList on Google Chrome Internet browser
    it successfully opens Mozilla Thunderbird email client on my Kubuntu 14.04 LTS 64Bit.
    The only problem is the email address inserted into new Mozilla Thunderbird email window is wrong?
    (see screenshot below)

Any help would be appreciated in fixing the above issue.
    Thanks!

Jesse

Are you sure that's wrong?

Is it possible that Craigslist automatically generates a random unique email address for each job as a contact, or is doing something similar to URL referral links where it acts as a middleman?
    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
      Are you sure that's wrong?

Is it possible that Craigslist automatically generates a random unique email address for each job as a contact, or is doing something similar to URL referral links where it acts as a middleman?
      You are correct, Feathers.

Jesse, that email address is a correct one.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        You are correct, Feathers.

Jesse, that email address is a correct one.
        Hi,

After I write a cover letter and attach my current resume
        I try to click [Send] and receive error message that the email is incorrect?

What do I do now to fix this problem?

Jesse

Comment

Well, there actually is a problem. The %40 should be an @ sign. Craigslist is URL-encoding the value when sending the HTML stream to your PC's browser -- this normal. For some reason, the value isn't being decoded. The problem could be either with Chrome or with Thunderbird, I'm not sure. What happens if you try a different browser?

Comment

I need new glasses. I did not catch that one

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              Well, there actually is a problem. The %40 should be an @ sign. Craigslist is URL-encoding the value when sending the HTML stream to your PC's browser -- this normal. For some reason, the value isn't being decoded. The problem could be either with Chrome or with Thunderbird, I'm not sure. What happens if you try a different browser?
              Hi,

I tried it in Mozilla Firefox and the email is put into Mozilla Thunderbird correctly.
              How I fix this problem between Google Chrome and Mozilla Thunderbird?

Thanks!

Jesse
              Last edited by JeZ-l-Lee; Jul 18, 2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I'd suggest that you send an email to Craigslist technical support first. They might be improperly doing the encoding in such a way that Firefox can figure out what to do but Chrome can't.

Comment

Working...
                X