Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Applications Remember Window Size & Screen Position?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have Applications Remember Window Size & Screen Position?

"Have Applications Remember Window Size & Screen Position?"

Hi,

Is it possible to have applications remember their window size and screen position after they are closed?
    There must be a setting somewhere which could enable the above?

Thanks!

Jesse
    Last edited by JeZ-l-Lee; Jul 18, 2014, 08:53 AM.

system settings > window behaviour > window rules
    click 'new' >detect window properties> select your application > you need to tick some boxes such as window role and window class
    >size and position tab > check the size and position checkboxes > change the dropdown where it says 'do not affect' and change that to 'force' or 'apply initially' or whatever you prefer
    >ok your way out and click apply

Comment

Originally posted by snerk View Post
      system settings > window behaviour > window rules
      click 'new' >detect window properties> select your application > you need to tick some boxes such as window role and window class
      >size and position tab > check the size and position checkboxes > change the dropdown where it says 'do not affect' and change that to 'force' or 'apply initially' or whatever you prefer
      >ok your way out and click apply
      Hi,

That works great, thank you...

Is there a method to make the above set globally for all applications on Kubuntu 14.04 LTS 64Bit?
      I would rather set it globally and not have to individually set it for each application on the system.

Thanks!

Jesse

Comment

you mean have every single application open in the exact same spot and exactly the same size? i guess you can try to do as above but not check any of the window role/window class/etc checkboxes? havent tried though

Comment

Originally posted by snerk View Post
          you mean have every single application open in the exact same spot and exactly the same size? i guess you can try to do as above but not check any of the window role/window class/etc checkboxes? havent tried though
          Hi,

I think that worked!
          Thanks!

Jesse

Comment

Working...
          X